- 1 Pot of Choví Allioli
- 1 can chopped Plum Tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon dried sage
- 1 teaspoon dried coriander
- 2 medium sized aubergines – or one large of course !
- 120 g sesame seeds
- 100 g grated Cheddar Cheese (Extra Mature for good flavour)
- Pepper and Salt to taste
- Cut the Aubergine into ½ cm thick round slices, sprinkle with salt and leave for approx. 10 Minutes. Drain any excess liquid. Mix the sesame seeds with the Cheddar cheese.
- Mix the dried herbs with the chopped can of tomatoes and juice.
- Spread the slices of Aubergine generously each side with Allioli.
- Prepare an ovenable baking dish as follows:- One layer of ‘coated’ Allioli aubergine, top with chopped plum tomatoes mix, sprinkle with the cheddar cheese and sesame mix. Repeat this again until end of all ingredients lastly with the cheddar and sesame mix. Sprinkle with salt and cracked black pepper, bake at 190ºC for approx 1 hour – the smell will tell you when it’s done and resistible no more ! (make sure the aubergine is tender)
- Serve with the remainder of the pot of Choví Allioli and crusty bread to dip into any juices in the dish.
Aubergine, Tomato and Cheddar Cheese Bake was last modified: August 23rd, 2014 by