Terms & Conditions of Online Purchase at www.greatfoodaffairs.com
Please read this carefully. By submitting an order on this web site you are agreeing to the terms that appear below which will apply to any purchase made through this web site.
By agreeing to these terms and conditions you confirm that you are:
- a registered customer of Great Food Affairs Limited or Great Food Affairs Ltd through its trading entities Great Food Affairs.com / store
- actively engaged in business or charity;
- that the business is operated by a person who is 18 years of age or over;
- these Terms and Conditions were most recently updated on 25th March 2015 and apply to all sales and purchases.
1. Purchase Contract
- All purchases made on this web site are governed by these Terms and Conditions. The Terms and Conditions governing any purchase will be those in effect at the date of your order. We reserve the right at our sole discretion to amend these Terms and Conditions at any time. If you order goods after we have published any changes you will be bound by those changes. Accordingly, you should check prior to each order to ensure that you understand the precise terms and conditions applicable to your purchase. To assist you in determining whether the Terms and Conditions have changed since your most recent order we will display the date when these Terms and Conditions were most recently updated.
- We will confirm receipt of your order as soon as possible by e-mail, to the e-mail address you provided to us. Our acceptance of your order will take place upon despatch of the product(s) ordered and at this point the purchase contract will be made. We will supply the goods to you in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
2. Pricing and Availability
- The prices quoted on our website are national indicative/guide prices only.
- All prices are quoted excluding VAT. Where applicable, VAT will be added to invoices.
- Prices are liable to change without prior notice and are a guide only.
- The actual order value cannot be determined until the day of delivery, because the prices quoted on the website could vary either above or below the prices in branch on the day your order is picked and delivered. Please note that the price listed is a guide price and the price actually paid will be the price on date of delivery, by which time offers on certain products may have expired, whilst new product offers may have begun.
- Please check the dates of availability of any offers before purchasing.
- Products are subject to availability and prevailing market conditions. We may limit the quantities of goods (particularly goods on special offer) supplied to any one customer.
- Should selected lines be unavailable, we may hold your order until that product becomes available again, we will update you (via the email address provided by you) should this occur. This issue may prolong the order process beyond our aim to supply your goods the next working day.
- Product descriptions and prices should only be used as a guide and Great Food Affairs Ltd reserves the right to vary them without notice.
- Delivery will be made to the address specified by you when you register on the website.
- Delivery will be made only to an adult aged 18 years or over.
- Delivery dates, times and charges are set out on our store home page. They are; We deliver next day on all orders received by 1pm. Orders placed after 1pm will be carried over to the next working day. Orders placed on Saturday or Sunday or Bank Holidays will be picked and prepared on the next working day, delivered the day after. will be picked on Monday, delivered Tuesday.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that an appropriate person is available at the delivery address at all times during the agreed date and time. All goods must be signed for on delivery by an adult aged 18 years or over.
- If no one is at the address when delivery is attempted the goods will be retained by our third party courier provider, you may be required to visit their nearest depot to you to collect the goods.
- All goods remain the property of Great Food Affairs Ltd until payment has been made in full and received in full by Great Food Affairs Ltd.
4. Order Error
- Goods may not be returned without a collection note arranged via our office; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Claims for shortages, damages or incorrect goods must be notified to our office, email@example.com quoting your order number within 24 hours of delivery.
- Payment for the delivered goods is made via PayPal.
- The debit and credit cards accepted by PayPal will be listed on their website.
- You agree to compensate us in full against all reasonable costs expenses and outgoings incurred by us in obtaining payments from you in the event a failed payment occurs. This will include an administration charge of not less than £20. We may at any time after a failed payment has occurred ask a Debt Collection Agency to collect payment from you.
7. Availability of service
- The service may be unavailable at certain times to allow Great Food Affairs Ltd to maintain and upgrade the website. Although Great Food Affairs Ltd will always endeavour to inform customers in advance of any service unavailability, this cannot be guaranteed. Great Food Affairs Ltd reserves the right to alter or withdraw the service at any time and also reserve the right to refuse the service to any customer without giving a reason.
8. Customer Complaints
- If you have any comments or complaints on or about our website, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org
9. Warranty and Liability
- Great Food Affairs Ltd is constantly monitoring and checking the information on this website while we will use reasonable endeavours to verify the accuracy of any information we place on the website, we make no warranties, whether express or implied in relation to its accuracy. We would advise you to check the label or product packaging, prior to use.
- Where precise information is important to you on a branded line, please contact the us at email@example.com
- Where a product description contains a link to another party’s website, please note that Great Food Affairs Ltd does not vet these websites and has no control over their contents. Great Food Affairs Ltd cannot accept any liability in respect of the use of those 3rd Party websites.
- This information is supplied for your personal use only in placing orders through this web site, and you may not copy, reproduce, transmit, publish, display, distribute, commercially exploit or create derivative works of such material and content without written permission from Great Food Affairs Ltd.
- Great Food Affairs Ltd makes every effort to ensure that this website is free from viruses or defects. However, we cannot guarantee that your use of this website or any websites accessible through it won’t cause damage to your computer. It is your responsibility to ensure that the right equipment is available to use the website and screen out anything that may damage it. Great Food Affairs Ltd shall not be liable to any person for any loss or damage which may arise to computer equipment as a result of using this website.
- Other than as set out above, our maximum liability arising out of any order for the supply of goods to you under this contract will be limited to the price of the goods contained in that order.
10. Password/Account Security
- You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password and account and any activities that occur under your account. Great Food Affairs Ltd shall not be liable to any person for any loss or damage which may arise as a result of any failure by you to protect your password or account.
- If any of these Terms and Conditions is held by any court of competent authority to be unlawful, invalid or unenforceable, in whole or in part, this will not affect the validity of the remaining Terms and Conditions which will continue to be valid and enforceable to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- The content of this website is owned or licensed by Great Food Affairs Ltd . This material includes, but is not limited to, photos, images, layout, graphics, look and appearance. The content of the site is protected by copyright, trademarks, database and other intellectual property rights and any such rights will remain vested in Great Food Affairs Ltd or our licensors.
- You can use this site only for your own personal, non commercial use, in order to place orders through the website.
- You may not reproduce, copy, duplicate, transmit, publish, display, distribute or sell any material from the Great Food Affairs Ltd website. You may not use this website or its content for any commercial purpose; including the collection and use of any listings, descriptions, prices, make any derivative or commercially exploitative use of this website or its content, download or copy account information, use any data mining, robots or similar data gathering and extraction tool without the explicit written consent of Great Food Affairs Ltd . Any unauthorised use terminates any permission’s granted.
- These Terms and Conditions will be governed by English law and the parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts in relation to any dispute which may arise between them.
- This web site is operated by Great Food Affairs Ltd whose registered office is situated Main House 3, Walnut Lane, Hartford CW8 1QN registered number 4168104 (England and Wales).
All personal information given to us through this site will only be held and used in accordance with the Data Protection Act. We have developed a data protection policy, an information security policy and other internal controls to ensure that our uses of customer information comply with the eight Data Protection Principles of good information handling.
The principles require data to be: fairly and lawfully processed; accurate and kept up to date; adequate; relevant and not excessive; kept no longer than necessary; processed in accordance with the rights of data subjects; held securely; and not transferred to countries without adequate protection.
Great Food Affairs Ltd (“GFA Ltd “) is committed to ensuring the privacy of your information. We understand that the privacy of your information is very important to you. We are careful about the information we ask you to provide and only use your information to process orders and to provide you with the best shopping experience possible.
We have set out below details of the information we will collect about you, how we ensure the security of your information and how we will use your information.
What personal information do we collect?
We only collect personal information that is knowingly and voluntarily given. Generally, this occurs when you register on the website, change your details, request a service, email us, or provide us with feedback.
When registering with us, we need to collect a variety of information including:
- your email address to confirm your order. We will also need your email address if you have given us permission to contact you about new features and special offers;
- your address for delivery/identification purposes;
- your telephone number in the event of a problem with your order or delivery, as we may need to contact you quickly;
- a user name and password so we can store your details securely; and,
- payment information such as your credit card details in order to process payments.
A user name and password also mean we can recall your information for you each time you log in.
We automatically collect anonymous information each time you visit. The information obtained in this way, which may include purchasing history or browsing patterns, is purely statistical and only used in aggregate form – it cannot be used to identify you. Typical information of this sort may be ‘30% of our customers buy SLABS’.
Information in aggregate form is used to: build our understanding of customer habits, interests and requirements; build marketing profiles; help with the strategic development of our site and service; track usage of the site; measure the success of our service.
Cookies are small text files that web sites can send to your computer. A cookie can be thought of as an internet user’s identification card, which tells a web site when the user has returned. Cookies are not computer programs, and can’t read other information saved on your hard drive. They cannot be used to disseminate viruses, or get a user’s e-mail address etc. They only contain and transfer to the web site as much information as the users themselves have disclosed to that web site.
The Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 (“the Directive”), recognises that cookies are a “legitimate and useful tool” for many activities, including verifying the identity of web site users. The Directive makes it compulsory for web sites to inform users if cookies are being used, and to provide some information on how cookies are used. You can find more information on this subject at www.allaboutcookies.org. Please note that users can set their computers to reject cookies and you can find the instructions on how to do this atwww.allaboutcookies.org. However, you should be aware that the Great Food Affairs Ltd website (in common with most other shopping web sites) may not work correctly without cookies being fully enabled.
A full list of all the cookies we use can be found below.
Your continued use of this website shall be taken as consent to the placement of these cookies.
How we store your personal information
We use Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology that provides 128-bit encryption on your information before it is sent to us. This means only our secure server can read your information.
We follow strict security procedures in the storage and disclosure of information, which you have given us, to prevent, unauthorised access or improper use. Our security procedures mean that we may occasionally request proof of identity before we are able to disclose sensitive information to you. We have a strict internal policy, which members of staff must comply with as a condition of employment and no external access to the system is permitted.
How we use your personal information
We use your personal information in order to: process orders; carry out market research; provide information about the products and services we offer; process payments and administer your account, verify your identity, deal with queries; run competitions and to help us provide the best possible service. We may also pass your details to third parties who offer products and services which may be of interest to you.
If you do not wish to receive information about our products and services, or about services offered jointly with or on behalf of other organisations, you can decline the opportunity during registration.
You have a right to access the information we hold about you. You can request a copy of the personal information we possess and have any inaccuracies corrected. We may make a charge of £10 for providing these details to you. We will request proof of identity before processing such a request. Please make any requests for information firstname.lastname@example.org or by writing to our head office, address at the bottom of this statement, under ‘contact’.
Updating your personal information
You are able to change the details you gave us when registering contacting us at email@example.com
We will not pass your information to any third parties if you have told us not to. We may pass on some general statistical information about our customers, sales figures, traffic patterns and related matters to reputable third parties, but these details will not include any personally identifying information. We may also disclose information about you if required to do so by law.
Changes to the Privacy Statement
We may change this statement from time to time by posting revisions on this site. Each time you enter this site you agree that the privacy statement current at that time shall apply to all data we hold about you.
By using our website you consent to the use of our personal data in the manner set out in this privacy statement.
If you have any queries or concerns about the privacy of your information, or how we use your information, please contact our office; Great Food Affairs Ltd , PO Box 511, Northwich, CW9 9BX