- 12 large king prawns uncooked
- 1 large piece fresh ginger
- 1 large clove garlic
- 1 Red chilli pepper
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 spring onions (optional)
- Choví Allioli
- seasoning, salt & pepper
- Crush the garlic clove and finely grate the ginger. Remove the seeds from the Red chilli – unless you really like it hot ! – and thinly slice into ribbons. (be careful to wash hands after..)
- Gently heat one tablespoon spoonful of Chovi Allioli in a skillet so as not to burn the garlic. Once melted, increase heat slightly and immediately add the ginger, garlic and red chilli. Toss for 1 minute to soften and smell the glorious aroma. Turn heat down and add Prawns.
- Continue to gently cook for approx 3 mins. Remove from heat, sprinkle with finely chopped spring onions and season to taste.
- Serve on a bed of crispy lettuce and don’t forget to use the yummy oil and juices in the pan by drizzling over the prawns. Final touch squeeze a little fresh lemon juice over the top. Remember to serve with the remainder of the pot of Allioli and lots of crusty bread.
Tiger Prawns with red chilli and ginger – servings 2 was last modified: August 23rd, 2014 by