- 1 leg lamb
- 2 gloves garlic
- Fresh Coriander
- 1 Red Pepper
- 1 green chilli
- Medium piece fresh ginger
- 8 Red Onions
- 4 carrots
- One pot Choví Allioli
- One pot Chovi La Brava
- Thickly slice the onions. Peel and cut each carrot into 4 pieces. Cut the Red Pepper into strips. (Finely chop the green chilli). Grate the ginger. Peel and slice the garlic into long quarters. In a roasting tray, place all the onion, carrots, ginger, (green chilli) and red pepper and mix through with 2 tablespoons of chopped fresh coriander. Pinch of cracked black pepper over the top.
- Place leg of lamb on top of mix. Make 8 occasional small deep incisions into the flesh of the lamb. Smear 2 tablespoons of La Brava over the whole joint. Push a quarter of a clove into each incision so it remains just beneath the surface.
- Cover with foil or lid and slow oven roast for 2½ > 3 hours at 160ºC.
- During the last 30 minutes of cooking, uncover. Remove dish and place lamb on carving plate to rest (covered) for 10 minutes minimum before serving. Put the boiled potatoes in with the remaining onions etc left in the roasting dish drain toss over and serve with more fresh chopped coriander
- Serve with Choví Allioli and a good red wine.
Twisted Lamb Sunday was last modified: August 23rd, 2014 by