Terms & Conditions of Online Purchase at www.greatfoodaffairs.com
Please read this carefully. By submitting an order on this website, you are agreeing to the terms that appear below which will apply to any purchase made through this web site.
By agreeing to these terms and conditions you confirm that you are:
- a registered customer of Great Food Affairs Limited or through its trading entities Great Food Affairs.com / store
- actively engaged in business or charity;
- that the business is operated by a person who is 18 years of age or over;
- these Terms and Conditions were most recently updated on 29 June 2018 and apply to all sales and purchases.
- All purchases made on this web site are governed by these Terms and Conditions. The Terms and Conditions governing any purchase will be those in effect at the date of your order. We reserve the right at our sole discretion to amend these Terms and Conditions at any time. If you order goods after we have published any changes you will be bound by those changes. Accordingly, you should check prior to each order to ensure that you understand the precise terms and conditions applicable to your purchase. To assist you in determining whether the Terms and Conditions have changed since your most recent order we will display the date when these Terms and Conditions were most recently updated.
- We will confirm receipt of your order as soon as possible by e-mail, to the e-mail address you provided to us. Our acceptance of your order will take place upon despatch of the product(s) ordered and at this point the purchase contract will be made. We will supply the goods to you in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
Pricing and Availability
- The prices quoted on our website are national indicative/guide prices only.
- All prices are quoted excluding VAT. Where applicable, VAT will be added to invoices.
- VAT is charged on Postage and Packaging on all orders.
- Prices are liable to change without prior notice and are a guide only.
- The actual final order value cannot be determined until the day of delivery because the prices quoted on the website could vary either above or below the prices in branch on the day your order is picked and delivered. Please note that the price listed is a guide price and the price actually paid will be the price on date of delivery, by which time offers on certain products may have expired, whilst new product offers may have begun.
- Please check the dates of availability of any offers before purchasing.
- Products are subject to availability and prevailing market conditions. We may limit the quantities of goods (particularly goods on special offer) supplied to any one customer.
- Should selected lines be unavailable, we may hold your order until that product becomes available again, we will update you (via the email address provided by you) should this occur. This issue may prolong the order process beyond our aim to supply your goods the next working day.
- Product descriptions and prices should only be used as a guide and Great Food Affairs Ltd reserves the right to vary them without notice.
- Delivery will be made to the address specified by you when you register on the website.
- Delivery will be made only to an adult aged 18 year or over.
- Delivery dates, times and charges are set out below.
- They are; We deliver next working day on all orders received by 1pm. Orders placed after 1pm will be carried over to the next working day. Orders placed on Saturday or Sunday or Bank Holidays will be picked and prepared on the next working day, delivered the day after. From time to time, deliveries can take a little longer for reasons out of control, for example; adverse weather conditions effecting traffic and therefore courier logistics etc.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that an appropriate person is available at the delivery address at all times during the agreed date and time. All goods must be signed for on delivery by an adult aged 18 year or over.
- If no one is at the address when delivery is attempted the goods may be retained by our third-party courier provider, you may be required to visit their nearest depot to you to collect the goods.
- All goods remain the property of Great Food Affairs Ltd until payment has been made in full and received in full by Great Food Affairs Ltd.
Goods may not be returned without a collection note arranged via our office; firstname.lastname@example.org
Claims for shortages, damages or incorrect goods must be notified to our office, please email email@example.com or phone 01606 784713 quoting your order number within 24 hours of delivery. Please note our office opening hours are 9am-to-5pm, Monday to Friday (excluding bank holidays).
- Payment for the delivered goods is made via PayPal.
- You do not need a PayPal account to use PayPal
- The debit and credit cards accepted by PayPal will be listed on the PayPal website. https://www.paypal.com/gb/webapps/mpp/buying-online
- You agree to compensate us in full against all reasonable costs expenses and outgoings incurred by us in obtaining payments from you in the event a failed payment occurs. This will include an administration charge of not less than £20. We may at any time after a failed payment has occurred ask a Debt Collection Agency to collect payment from you.
Availability of service
The service may be unavailable at certain times to allow Great Food Affairs Ltd to maintain and upgrade the website. Although Great Food Affairs Ltd will always endeavour to inform customers in advance of any service unavailability, this cannot be guaranteed. Great Food Affairs Ltd reserves the right to alter or withdraw the service at any time and also reserve the right to refuse the service to any customer without giving a reason.
If you have any comments or complaints on or about our website, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org or if you prefer, call our office on 01606 784713, please note our office opening hours are 9am-to-5pm, Monday to Friday (excluding bank holidays).
Warranty and Liability
- Great Food Affairs Ltd is constantly monitoring and checking the information on this website while we will use reasonable endeavours to verify the accuracy of any information we place on the website, we make no warranties, whether express or implied in relation to its accuracy. We would advise you to check the label or product packaging, prior to use.
- Where precise information is important to you on a branded line, please contact the us at email@example.com
- Where a product description contains a link to another party’s website, please note that Great Food Affairs Ltd does not vet these websites and has no control over their contents. Great Food Affairs Ltd cannot accept any liability in respect of the use of those 3rd Party websites.
- This information is supplied for your personal use only in placing orders through this web site, and you may not copy, reproduce, transmit, publish, display, distribute, commercially exploit or create derivative works of such material and content without written permission from Great Food Affairs Ltd.
- Great Food Affairs Ltd makes every effort to ensure that this website is free from viruses or defects. However, we cannot guarantee that your use of this website or any websites accessible through it won’t cause damage to your computer. It is your responsibility to ensure that the right equipment is available to use the website and screen out anything that may damage it. Great Food Affairs Ltd shall not be liable to any person for any loss or damage which may arise to computer equipment as a result of using this website.
- Other than as set out above, our maximum liability arising out of any order for the supply of goods to you under this contract will be limited to the price of the goods contained in that order.
- You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password and account and any activities that occur under your account. Great Food Affairs Ltd shall not be liable to any person for any loss or damage which may arise as a result of any failure by you to protect your password or account.
- If any of these Terms and Conditions is held by any court of competent authority to be unlawful, invalid or unenforceable, in whole or in part, this will not affect the validity of the remaining Terms and Conditions which will continue to be valid and enforceable to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- The content of this website is owned or licensed by Great Food Affairs Ltd . This material includes, but is not limited to, photos, images, layout, graphics, look and appearance. The content of the site is protected by copyright, trademarks, database and other intellectual property rights and any such rights will remain vested in Great Food Affairs Ltd or our licensors.
- You can use this site only for your own personal, non-commercial use, in order to place orders through the website.
- You may not reproduce, copy, duplicate, transmit, publish, display, distribute or sell any material from the Great Food Affairs Ltd website. You may not use this website or its content for any commercial purpose; including the collection and use of any listings, descriptions, prices, make any derivative or commercially exploitative use of this website or its content, download or copy account information, use any data mining, robots or similar data gathering and extraction tool without the explicit written consent of Great Food Affairs Ltd. Any unauthorised use terminates any permission’s granted.
- These Terms and Conditions will be governed by English law and the parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts in relation to any dispute which may arise between them.
- This web site is operated by Great Food Affairs Ltd whose registered office is situated Main House 3, Walnut Lane, Hartford CW8 1QN registered number 4168104 (England and Wales).
By using our website, you agree to the terms and conditions stated on the website.
If you have any queries or concerns about the privacy of your information, or how we use your information, please contact our office;
Great Food Affairs Ltd,
PO Box 511,
You can contact us by phone: 01606 784713.
Please note our office opening hours are 9am-to-5pm, Monday to Friday (excluding bank holidays)